Yes, something animation-related on my own doorstep! Starting tonight, May 6th, the Maryland Film Festival runs until Sunday. Besides loads of great films, there is an animated shorts segment featuring the following:
- BOTTLE, Kirsten Lepore, 6 mins
- THE COW WHO WANTED TO BE A HAMBURGER, Bill Plympton, 6 mins
- ENRIQUE WRECKS THE WORLD, David Chai, 5 mins
- FAMILY PORTRAIT, Joseph Pierce, 5 mins, UK
- FLESH COLOR, Masahiko Adachi, 4 mins, Japan
- HONEYSUCKLE BLUE, Miranda Pfeiffer, 5 mins
- KIDNAP, Sijia Luo, 4 mins
- ONCE IT STARTED IT COULD NOT END OTHERWISE, Kelly Sears, 8 mins
- STANLEY PICKLE, Victoria Mather, 9 mins, UK
- THIS ROOM IS WHITE, Karen Yasinsky, 5 mins
- WONDER HOSPITAL, Beomsik Shimbe, 12 mins, Japan
- X.O. GENESIS, Rowan Wernham, 12 mins, New Zealand
The shorts will be screened tonight (Friday) at 9:30pm in the Charles Theatre (I’ll be there) and again on Sunday in the Windup Space at 5:00pm. Tickets are $10.
You can find full details of the program as well as complete info on the Maryland Film Festival here.