As mentioned previously, Bill Plympton’s first ever feature-length film, Idiots and Angels will begin its theatrical run this Wednesday at the IFC Center. What is unique about this event is that Bill himself has done all the back-breaking hard work on getting his films shown. he is relying on the animation community to spread word of mouth.
The films begins this Wednesday at the IFC Center in Manhattan and Bill will be in attendance for the evening presentations and having met the guy, I can safely say that his company is a pleasure to enjoy.
Seeing as I have not seen the film (yet), here are a selection of links to various interviews and discussions that Bill has done in the run-up to the premiere:
- Cartoon Brew (as always)
- ASIFA-East’s Katie Cropper has a great interview with the man himself
- Bill’s own Scribble Junkie’s blog (co-authored with Pat Smith)
- Line Boil (with screening info for Los Angeles too)
- Bill’s Twitter feed has tons of links to other folk’s chatter about the film
- Michael Sporn has a great (as always) interview with Bill that goes into much detail about the film and its production.
- Both Toon Zone and Animated Views have posted the full press release.