Baltimore Comic Con Recap
Just a couple of thoughts on the 2011 Baltimore Comic Con that took place this weekend. 🙂
- Overall it was a lot of fun to just walk around and see stuff
- There’s lots of diversity when it comes to comics. I saw people of all shapes, sizes and colours (the blue guy really stood out for me though)
- It’s always great to get out and meet the artists in person and to see some of their artwork.
- Once again, it was a pleasure to see Mike Maihack and to buy the second volume of Cleopatra in Space
- I supported the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and picked up a copy of Will Eisner’s “New York The Big City“
- I was reminded that anyone who says women and girls aren’t into comic is lying through their teeth.
- The bootleg DVD industry has to be feeling the pain of illegal downloading too. I mean, $50 for the entire series of Billy and Mandy or Kim Possible must have been a bargain at some point, but now that’s just crazy expensive.
- The only way it could have been even more enjoyable was if I actually read comics on a regular basis.
- Oh, and I saw Stan Lee through a gap in the curtains.